Small town founded in the year 1378. The most interesting building there is the Renaissance chateau form the years 1548-52. The first owners are Vartenberks and than Berkas of Dubá. The chateau was baroque rebuilt in the year 1683. In fron of chateau there are the baroque garden terrace with figurative sculptures. The Austrian Emperor´s family often visited the Zákupy chateau. In the year 1908 the crown prince Ferdinand d´Este got married with countess Chodek here. Near the chateau there is situated former Capuchin monastery-church of 1679-85.